- Economy—overview: Mexico has a free market economy in the trillion dollar class. It contains a mixture of modern and outmoded industry and agriculture, increasingly dominated by the private sector. Recent administrations have expanded competition in seaports, railroads, telecommunications, electricity generation, natural gas distribution, and airports. Per capita income is one-fourth that of the US; income distribution remains highly unequal. Trade with the US and Canada has tripled since the implementation of NAFTA in 1994. Mexico has 12 free trade agreements with over 40 countries including, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, the European Free Trade Area, and Japan, putting more than 90% of trade under free trade agreements. In 2007, during his first year in office, the Felipe CALDERON administration was able to garner support from the opposition to successfully pass a pension and a fiscal reform. The administration continues to face many economic challenges including the need to upgrade infrastructure, modernize labor laws, and allow private investment in the energy sector. CALDERON has stated that his top economic priorities remain reducing poverty and creating jobs. The CIA Factbook
- Presidency of the Republic of Mexico A rich information site covering law, commercial trade agreements, financial information and general information about Mexico.
- Ministry of Energy Provides information about the energy sector in the country and links to the entities of the sector.
- Mexican Laws This site provides translations of Mexican labor and environmental laws.
- LatinWorld- Mexico Directory containing business sites in Mexico.
- Maquila Market Resources and e-commerce solutions for the Maquiladora - Twin Plant manufacturing industry in Mexico.
- COSMOS Online Industrial and commercial directory organized by sectors.
- Information Mexico Provides information about about businesses and doing business in Mexico, includes fairs and expositions.
- Kompass Mexico Free searchable database business directory.
- CNI Canal 40 - television network based in Mexico City that broadcasts to 162 cities nationwide via air, cable and satellite.
- Sunset Radio Mexico Live Internet radio broadcasts, latest news and mp3 links from Mexico.
- Guadalajara Colony Reporter online Guadalajara, and western Mexico's only English news organization, online edition of our weekly print newspaper reaching 60,000 retired North Americans
- Vallarta Today Online Puerto Vallarta, Mexico's English language newspaper online with travel, tourism, hotels, dining, actvities, news, community events and more.
Back to Top